Back to FAQs

What type of documentation can I receive?

Brightside Health providers are not required to complete documentation related to workers’ compensation or disability claim statuses; however, if a member has a question or request for documentation of any kind to be completed, they can work with their provider directly, who will use their clinical judgment to determine if they are able to complete the documentation. Please note that providers have the right to deny this request and do not provide documentation for emotional support animals; long-term disability evaluations; permanent disability evaluations; worker’s compensation; or court-ordered evaluations. 

Brightside members are responsible for sharing with their provider during the initial consultation if they need, or will need in the future, workers’ compensation or disability claim documentation completed. If you would like more information about this topic, we encourage you to view Brightside’s Telehealth Consent Policy.

Separately, Brightside Health is always able to provide members with their medical records. Please note this type of request may take several weeks to fulfill and most often requires a separate completed authorization form for release. Once the authorization is complete, we will process the request and either email or fax your medical records wherever they need to go. Members can submit a request for medical records by logging into their Brightside account and navigating to Help to contact our Member Services team.


Can’t find the answer you’re looking for?

You can always email us at [email protected]. If you’re an existing member, please reach out via Help from your Brightside account.


If you’re in emotional distress, text HOME to connect with a counselor immediately.


Call or text the 988 Suicide & Crisis Lifeline for 24/7 emotional support.


If you’re having a medical or mental health emergency, call 911 or go to your local ER.